Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Visual Studio 2013 bug with SharePoint 2010

We are using Über-packages with SharePoint that stopped working after we upgraded from Visual Studio 2010 to 2013.
The bug and workaround are described here

Description:
In VS2010 I can package the SharePoint 2010 projects without a problem. 
When I open the same code in VS2013 I can compile without any compilation errors
However when I am trying to "publish" I am getting compilation errors.
This is related to the "additional assemblies" that are project outputs. If I change to hard-coded path this fixes the problem. Unfortunately that is not acceptable because we have multiple configurations.

Workaround:
1. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\SharePointTools\Microsoft.VisualStudio.SharePoint.targets
2. Find the following line and remove the @(ProjectOutputReference)
    <UnfilteredSharePointProjectDependency Include="@(ProjectItemReference);@(FeatureReference);@(ProjectOutputReference)" Condition="%(FullPath) != '$(MSBuildProjectFullPath)'" />
3. Reload the project and it should publish fine now.

Apparently it did not help me with the production code, so I ended up editing csproj file and manually forcing version 10 of the build tools:

                                                                                                                            

No comments: